This weekends meeting, championship round 10 will now be held at Shermanbury. The ACU entry system will be updated to reflect this asap. Anyone that entered for Canada Heights your entry will automatically change to Shermanbury. If you have booked in but don't wish to ride at Shermanbury please contact the club secretary to request that your entry be withdrawn.
Please help us spread the word by sharing this post or tagging anyone that may need to know.
See you all at Shermanbury!
As most of you will have seen on social media, Canada Heights took a bit of a battering last weekend after a torrential downpour meant that the MX Nationals had to call an early finish to their event. Earlier today I carried out a track inspection of Canada Heights with the guys from Sidcup and District MCC, they have brought in some heavy plant in a bid to get the track ready for us this weekend but after walking the track together it became obvious that too much damage had been done and despite their best efforts the track would not be in a condition that either of us would want to host a race meeting on. After discussions we decided that the best way forward would be to move the date of our meeting at Canada Heights to Sunday August 20th to give them time to carry out further work and give the track time to dry some more.
Championship round 10 this coming weekend (Sun August 6th) will go ahead but there will be a change of venue that we will announce as soon as we have confirmed a replacement venue.
We would like to apologize for the change but hope you can appreciate that we want to give you the best possible event at this great venue. The track at this moment isn't suitable for all of our members to race on safely and competitively so we feel this is the best answer.
Unfortunately we have to cancel this weekends meeting at Ringmer. A track inspection has just been carried out and with all the rain that has fallen this week the paddock is too wet for everyoneto get in and out without causing damage to the field and so the land owner has asked us to cancel the meeting to avoid unnecessary damage to his land. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience but it is out of our control.
Please note that camping at Shermanbury will be available from 16.00hrs on Saturday for this weekend's race meeting...
Please do not turn up before as the gates will be locked,there is Strictly NO PARKING on the main road...
All Children to keep off the Track whilst the Machinery is out working...
PLEASE NOTE: Due to restrictions applied by the land owner you must stay within the paddock area once at the venue, this includes ALL CHILDREN! Anyone found outside of the paddock area, this includes the wood area, the stream or the fields nearby, will be asked to leave the meeting without refund. The landowner has requested everyone stays in the paddock area and by not adhering, we could lose the track, this has been imposed due to vandalism and damage to land and property at the last meeting at this venue. Please check around/under your van for any rubbish and take home, please do not leave rubbish by your van for us to dispose of. Please adhere to this as the Landowner was going to ban all camping...
See you all at the weekend
Booking in for RD2 @ Shermanbury on Sunday 2nd April will open on Monday evening (20th) @ 7pm, as usual this is for members only until the following Monday.
Members only have until this Monday for priority booking in for next weekends meeting, RD1 @ Mildenhall. At 7pm on Monday evening it will open to visitors so don't leave it late and miss out, get booked in!
See you all there!!!